Sunday, June 22, 2014

"I Need a Flower!"

She did it again. Like last summer, my daughter required repairs on a summer top, this time in linen. [See here for last summer's flea market marvel.]







Instead of a hole, there was a spot. 

"Ma," she wailed, "I need a flower. P-l-e-a-s-e." Ok, ok. But, I don't do flowers! This was a speed job because of the narrow time frame. I managed to sit down and stitch yesterday. She leaves for a professional conference in Venice (Italy, not Florida) today--lucky lady.


Unfortunately, the design had to be in beige, however, in the end I rather liked beige and white together. This turned out quite subtle. Surprising for me...















And I want to see lots of pictures of that top in Venice!


11 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Great idea!

Silvana Vituriano Celistre said...

Very delicate, I loved!

Carole Reid said...

She's lucky to have a mom who does this with ease and style!

Mo Crow said...

trés cool Nadia, in every sense of the word!

Stitching Lady said...

You did it again and how beautiful. Simply lovely idea.
Your lucky daughter- Venice and no flower!

Els said...

well, what can I say ...that's what mothers always do .... ?
;-)
(love the leaf/flower)

rtquilter said...

What a kind, creative and brilliant Mum you are!!! So whoever said you can't do flowers ? 😉

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Looks great! I'm sure your daughter realizes how lucky she is to have a mother that can do such wonders.

Anonymous said...

Love the top! It looks so European! You did great job` hugs~

Threadpainter said...

I remember reading about last years summer top ... this one looks great, too !

Martha said...

Brilliant save! I too love the beige and white. Chic.