Tuesday, December 20, 2016

He Drives, I Draw--in December

When it comes to running errands, he drives and I draw. I only need my small sketchbook and a ballpoint pen--very convenient. 
Occasionally, I get bored with the subject of traffic. I've drawn so many cars and taxis from the rear end...but then again, a big truck with a worn out broom stuck into the back corner suddenly catches my attention. You never can tell.



I may add color later, often with colored pencils. 

Sitting in a restaurant is always interesting.






Once in awhile I'll just work in colored pencils--a nice change.





And to show that I've got the holiday spirit, some seasonal colors: The last bowl of pomegranates with clementines (a cousin to tangerines) and navel oranges. All home grown and organic.

May your holidays be filled with beautiful colors 
and delicious fruit!

2 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays...jeeze louize...all homegrown and organic...such a lovely life...Good thing..lucky you not to get car sick..while you draw...grief struck here with the holidays...xxoo

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You grow your own clementines? mmmm - they're my favourite fruit in the winter time here, but of course they have to be imported. Happy Christmas wishes to you and your family Nadia!