Sunday, January 8, 2017

Starting 2017 Gracefully, 2

Sketchbook Skool offers Veronica Lawlor's on-line class "A Drawing a Day" for the month of January. As I appreciate her as a teacher and an artist, I signed up.

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be getting back on my own path, however, Veronica offers a thoughtful look at the elements of drawing. This is useful to me at this time.

The first assignment was to take objects from your desk and arrange them into a still life....oh, my, I couldn't even find my desk because it was covered with mosaic materials and dust.


So I had to begin 2017 by doing some deeeeeep cleaning. 

My desk top now (I would be embarrassed to show you the "before" photo).
















Needless to say, I'm pleased to have all the pens, brushes and other supplies organized.










And so I finally got to the (very loose) still life with lots to say... 

2 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

That loos so much like a corner of my chest where pens and brushes are kept handy.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your desk looks great - wish I could say the same about mine!